Broome DDSO – OPWDD
Services Provided: Family Support Services Coordinators are available at each of OPWDD’s regional Developmental Disabilities Services Offices (DDSOs) to help families access Family Support Services. Family Support Services can help in times of crisis when a family member or loved one becomes ill, or when things get difficult at home for other reasons. Find out more information about these services and supports by calling your local Family Support Services Coordinator. Support services may include: information and referral, family and individual counseling, recreation, after-school programs, support groups, transportation and specialized equipment and home modifications.
- Contact Person: Jeff Envid
- Phone: 607-771-7784 Ext. 152
- Website: www.opwdd.ny.gov
Services Provided: A program initiative of Adoption STAR providing a full service post adoption support program including clinical counseling, support groups, nationwide post adoption contact correspondence services, and search and reunion services. Associated with Tapestry Books, a premiere online source for adoption books and resources. See website for more online resources and articles, info about services and upcoming events.
- Albany 518-391-2515; NYC 917-470-9340; Syracuse 315-703-7511; Binghamton 607-330-2158; Rochester 585-672-5227; Poughkeepsie 845-457-4883
- Address: 131 John Muir Drive, Amherst, NY 14228
- Phone: 716-639-3030
- Email: Email contact form on website
- Website: http://www.family-star.com, http://www.tapestrybooks.com
Glove House, Inc.
Services Provided: Child Welfare Services: group and foster homes, transitional independent living, Respite Services. Children’s Mental Health:Community Residence, HI FI, Supportive Case Management and Respite; Juvenile Justice: Non Secure Detention, Evening Support Center. Preventive and School Based Services
- Contact Person: Donna Corbin
- Address: 220 Franklin St St, Elmira, NY 14904-1706
- Phone: 607-734-5328
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.glovehouse.org
The Family Resource Network, Inc
Services Provided: Through our various family support programs and support groups your family could have assistance in a formal or informal service format. We are always available to provide information and local referral as well as our NYS Families Together monthly support group, and our monthly “Teen Scene” group, available to youth ages 12-20. Other programs include CCSI coordination, Family Advocacy, OPWDD Family Support Services. Please contact us, check our website or find us on Facebook for more information!
- Contact Person: Meghann Andrews-Whitaker
- Address: 46 Oneida St, NY 13820
- Phone: 800-315-8814 607-432-0001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.familyrn.org/
Tri Town Foster and Adoptive Parent Association
Services Provided: Parent group meets every two weeks for support encouragement & education. President Helen is experienced adoptive parent of children with special needs willing to provide information and support to current and prospective adoptive families.
- Contact Person: Helen Regenbogen
- Address: 42 Hawkins Road, Ninevah, NY 13813
- Phone: 607-639-4265
- Email: email@example.com