Catholic Charities Diocese of Ogdensburg
Services Provided: Adoption coordinator for all offices in the Diocese serving Clinton, Essex, Franklin, Jefferson, Lewis, St Lawrence, and northern Herkimer & Hamilton Counties. Local offices provide casework and counseling with birth parents. Services to prospective families centralized in Ogdensburg. Prospective family services include domestic and international homestudies, post placement visits and reports, preparation of paperwork for adoption finalization court proceedings and reseach for non-identifying inforamtion. No education component, families referred to web and local information resources. See website for regional office locations.
- Contact Person: Winnie Sachno
- Address: 6866 St Highway 37, Ogdensburg, NY 13669
- Phone: 315-393-2255
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.cathcharities.org/
Catholic Charities of Oneida & Madison Counties
Services Provided: Adoption services are available for i families looking to adopt a child. Some fees associated with adoptive parents. Online contact form. Call for more information or to schedule and appointment.
- Contact Person: Brenda Marris
- Address: 1408 Genesee St, Utica, NY 13502
- Phone: 315-624-9946 ext 228
- Website: www.catholiccharitiesom.org
Hamilton County Department of Social Services
Services Provided: 30 hour MAPP class held 2 x yearly. No regularly scheduled orientation meetings. One on one orientation interviews scheduled at request of prospective family. Group orientation and training class scheduled when sufficient number of interested families identified, generally held in the spring and fall. Callers are screened to determine interest and fulfillment of basic requirements prior to training. County will assist prospective families in enrolling in classes in nearby counties.
- Contact Person: Gail Carmichael
- Address: PO Box 725, Indian Lake, NY 12842
- Phone: 518-648-6131
- Website: www.hamiltoncountyhhs.org/social-services/child-protective-child-care-foster-care-and-adoption