April 6, 2018
Ithaca College; IC Square ” The Pub”
AGAPE – Southern Tier – Finger Lakes
This Is Us: Adoption In The Real World
A moderated panel discussion about adoption, family and relationships
This is Us has captured the attention of millions with its candid portrayal of families today, the intricacies of who and what constitutes family and how these relationships shape our identities as individuals and as a family unit.
Please join the Adoptive and Foster Family Coalition of New York and Ithaca College for a real life discussion with our panel of characters including birth parents, adoptive parents, adoption professionals and, adopted persons.
Through a moderated panel presentation, we will explore how we construct family today, the meaning this has for us, and how to create a social context in which today’s families are embraced and celebrated for the rich diversity this brings to all of our lives.
Television programming such as This is Us allows us to use a culturally relevant and timely media hit to have a deeper discussion about the complexities of families today, the realities of these experiences, and the need to educate our communities in order that all families have access to what they need to be strong.
Sponsored by Ithaca College and the China Care Club
RSVP Your Seat Now!
April 6th, 2018; 6:30-8:30 pm IC Square (the “Pub”) at Ithaca College
~doors open at 6:00 ~ seating is limited so register early~ directions and parking information are below
Directions and Parking Information
- It is in the Campus Center (Phillips Hall). Luckily, there are signs directing you there that are very clear!
- Parking is free after 5pm in the lot (which is conveniently located right in front of Campus Center).
- Take the third exit off the traffic circle (last one before exiting back out onto the main road)
- Take the first right (at the actual road, not the little circle by the fountains).
- You will then take your second left to reach the Campus Center / Phillips Hall parking lot, which is a small lot right in front of the building the Pub is in.
“This is Us; Adoption in the Real World” is also in the Hudson Valley and coming soon to Long Island!