Adoption is when an adult becomes legally responsible for a child’s needs as if that child was born to him or her. Thousands of parents adopt children every year in New York State: privately, internationally and the adoption of children waiting for families in foster care. The Coalition supports all families who adopt in any way in New York, with a special focus on recruiting families for children in foster care.
This section contains information on how to become an adoptive parent, characteristics/photolisting sites of children waiting for families, financial supports for adoptive families; and legal issues and resources.
- Recommended Reads – Adoption Reading List
- NYS Adoption Services Resources
- The Invisible Realities of Adoption
- Adopt-A Campaigns: Why they are not respectful
- The Value of Words – Listen to Maris Blechner on The Moth Radio Hour
- Adoption and Foster Care Data
- Search and Reunion Resources