The Coalition, in partnership with the Redlich Horwitz Foundation, is pleased to introduce the Family Is the Most Important Thing Award.
The Family Is the Most Important Thing Award will be given to New York foster, adoptive and kinship parent support groups whose stories of exceptional dedication, commitment and passion align with the Coalition’s mission. A total of fifteen awards of either $1,000 or $2,500 will be presented at the Coalition’s 28th Annual New York State Foster Care and Adoption Conference in Albany, New York during the Lunch Address on Friday, May 12th, 2017.
Nominate a Parent Support Group for Family Is the Most Important Thing Award
The Award will be open to two different levels of parent groups:
- Emerging or “Young” Parent Support Groups: Those who are in the beginning stages of development but show excellent promise and/or are meeting their community’s needs. Generally, these groups are between one and three years of age. The Awards will be given to help them get off the ground and realize their goals.
- “Mature” Parent Support Groups: Those who have demonstrated their ability to help others and effect change. Generally, these groups will be more than three years of age. The Award will be given to help them continue on a proven path to success.
The categories are as follows:
- Education Award: Parent Groups who provide quality information and opportunities to other families about the realities, challenges and rewards of foster, kinship and adoptive parenting
- Support Award: Parent Groups who provide extraordinary support for the families that they serve through information-sharing, services, peer support and referral.
- Services Award: Parent Groups that have developed new and creative solutions to issues and problems through innovative service models.
- Advocate Award: Parent Groups that have gone beyond the expected to improve policy and services for foster, kinship and adoptive families whether through federal, state or local levels.
- Outreach Award: Parent Groups that have shown a marked proficiency through public engagement; raising the awareness of the needs to the community.
- Information and Resources Award: Parent Groups that provided accurate, timely and comprehensive knowledge to the population through innovative delivery services.
We are no longer accepting Nominations!
Thank you for all the nominations! The Awards will be presented at the Coalition’s 28th Annual New York State Foster Care and Adoption Conference in Albany, New York during the Lunch Address on Friday, May 12th, 2017.
Awards will be administered by the Coalition with funding provided by the Redlich Horwitz Foundation.