Starts in 25 Days, 9 Hours
August 14, 2018
King of Kings Lutheran Church
543 Union Ave, New Windsor, NY 12553
Orange Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP)
Support Groups for Grandparents and Relatives Raising Children
What is the Relatives As Parents Program (RAPP)?
RAPP is designed to assist grandparents and relatives who have taken on the role as primary caregiver for a related child.
RAPP is an ongoing education and support program for grandparents and relatives who are providing primary care for relative children. Monthly support groups, educational resources, youth programs and other support services are available at several Orange County locations. Educational seminar topics may include: Legal issues, Living well, Keeping kids safe, and Working with your child’s school.
Held in four locations covering Middletown, New Windsor, Port Jervis, and Newburg.
- Kinship care and peer support
- Education and Training to address needs and concerns of caregivers
- Presentations from local organizations and professionals addressing topics related to caregivers
- Wellness Education programs
- Financial Education workshops
- Family Education presentations
- Resource Sharing and Referral Services
The Youth Group
NEW Teen Support group will be offered as an alternative to RAPP 4-H for youth ages 12 and up who choose to participate during the normal support group time in Middletown.