Central NY DDSO – OPWDD
Services Provided: Family Support Services Coordinators are available at each of OPWDD’s regional Developmental Disabilities Services Offices (DDSOs) to help families access Family Support Services. Family Support Services can help in times of crisis when a family member or loved one becomes ill, or when things get difficult at home for other reasons. Find out more information about these services and supports by calling your local Family Support Services Coordinator. Support services may include: information and referral, family and individual counseling, recreation, after-school programs, support groups, transportation and specialized equipment and home modifications.
- Contact Person: Kelly Biviano
- Phone: 315-473-5035
- Website: www.opwdd.ny.gov
Services Provided: Free comprehensive mental health and counseling services for all ages and family members: Individual and family therapy, Support groups, Community referral, Confidential counseling in the home or one of our offices
Licensed, friendly, competent and supportive mobile professionals, Child behavior training and support, Work and school assistance, Solution-focused strength-based approaches, Intensive case management, Home-based support services, Crisis management
- Degrees, Licenses, Certifications, Affiliations: LMSWs, LCSW-R supervisors, LMHC counselors, Combat vet/military background directors, Extensive growing team of mobile clinicians, Minority-owned business
- Insurances Accepted: Fidelis/Medicaid Sliding scale on case-to-case basis
- Languages Spoken: English and Spanish
- Address: Southside Innovation Center 2610 South Salina Street, Suite 2 Syracuse, NY 13205
- Phone: 315-868-1000
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.drncornerstone.com
Foster and Adoptive Family Support Services, Inc.
Services Provided: We provide support, training, advocacy and referral services to foster and adoptive parents.
- Contact Person: Dawn Corrigan
- Address: 2 Lowell Drive, New Hartford, NY 13413
- Phone: 315-724-2989
- Email: Dac2547@aol.com
Kin and Kids Outreach and Support Program – The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
Services Provided: The “Kin and Kids” program offers advocacy, outreach and support to kinship caregivers residing in Oneida and Herkimer Counties. Kinship refers to relatives and other non-parent caregivers that are providing full time care for children. Children maybe living in kinship care due to a parent having issues with addiction, incarceration, child protective concerns, military deployment, mental health, abandonment, illness or death. The “Kin and Kids” program offers support and outreach to children and caregivers by conducting home visits to assess the needs and support of the family; provide valuable and up to date resource information assist in accessing child only grants through LDSS and as well as other government benefits such as Medicaid, and SSI