We help individuals and parent groups as well as advocate for systemic change. Here are just some of our success stories:
- I want to thank you for all the information you have provided to me and my lawyer to help us get Charlie back with his sister.
- Oh my goodness thank you so much!!! I know that there are several foster care parents in this county that you have helped and I we all really appreciate it.
- Thanks so much for your help on the phone. We have been successful in our attempts to adopt the two little girls we talked about!
- I have great news!!! [The State of New York] sent a letter today acknowledging the error on their part. I have been taken off the list as an indication of abuse/maltreatment. After your last email, I called… a week later, the letter came. Now, our local DSS has informed us that we should have children in my house towards the beginning of October. We are so pleased! Thank you for everything. You were the only support throughout this ordeal.
- The information regarding the amount of the subsidy that management was able to consider income proved to very valuable. Had you not sent the information my children and I would have found ourselves in a very serious situation. They claimed that they were able to count all the subsidy monies as income. I suggested that they recheck their information for I had it on good authority that they could only attach $480.00 for each child’s subsidy for the entire year. They went back to the handbook and low and behold my information was correct and their’s wrong. I cannot thank you enough for your efforts on our behalf. Your providing me with the proof I needed literally saved the roof over our heads. God Bless.
- We are writing to thank you and your staff for your wonderful help. My daughter just received a check for almost a year’s back payments for social security disability… It is wonderful to know that there are people who truly care about the welfare of all children without demanding anything in return other than knowing the child is cared for.
On a systemic level, our efforts have resulted in:
- improved adoption and foster care regulations and legislation
- a strong adoption subsidy program
- expanded publicity for NYS children waiting for an adoptive family
- improved training for adoption and foster care caseworkers
- greater accountability from the NYS Office of Children and Family Services and local Departments of Social Services