Share information about upcoming foster care and adoption training for parents and professionals in your community! Contact us at email@example.com and let us know what, when, where, and how to register for your event and we’ll be glad to post it in this space.
- Parent Network of Western New York 2015 Workshop Schedule. Visit the Parent Network website to view schedule of free workshops in the Western New York area to help parents and professionals better understand their children’s disabilities and increase knowledge on special education topics and concerns.
- includeNYC Workshop,event and webinar calendar – Free workshops for parents caring for kids with disabilities in the New York City metropolitan area. http://www.includenyc.org/families/calendar
- Disability events by New York Region – Upcoming local workshops, webinars from New York State DDPC Disability News on Facebook
- Boys Town Common Sense Parenting Programs (CSP) – Skilled based training program that provides easy-to-learn techniques to build on existing skills or learn new ways of dealing with children’s behavior. Each course runs for 6 consecutive weeks, from 6-8 PM with dinner provided. Classes held throughout the year in the Boys Town Brooklyn, Queens, or Manhattan office depending on enrollment. CSP trainers are also available to provide the program to outside existing groups as long as there are 8-10 interested parents. There is no charge for this program. See website for more information
- WHID Event Calendar – The Community Support Network (CSN) at Westchester Institute for Human Development (WIHD) is the Hudson Valley’s resource center for information and training regarding services available for individuals with special needs and their families. View the Calendar on the WHID site.