Welcome! We are excited that you are thinking about becoming a foster parent. This will be a life-changing path for you and the children that come into your care. But we don’t want you to get overwhelmed, so review the information below and take one step at a time!
- Foster Care Basics from New York State Office of Children and Family Services
- Is Foster Care Right for You?
- New York State Foster Home Certification Requirements
- Find New York State Foster Care Agency Contact and Services Information
- New York State Foster Parent Manual – New December 2010
- My Life in Foster Care
- Fosterhood in New York City – a foster parent’s Blog
- Foster and Adoptive Mothers Talk About Making A Difference: from “Road to Adoption,” a video by Rich Newman