Knowledge is power! ETA offers several opportunities for families, parent support groups, agencies and professionals to build their skills:
- Educational Support Series: We offer workshops on a variety of topics related to foster care, adoption, child development, family court, trauma and attachment. Workshops are generally 60 to 90 minutes in length and are offered free of charge. The Coalition can also customize longer curricula based on your group’s needs. Certificates of attendance offered. Click here for a list of Education Support Series topics and Sample Coalition Workshops Available for Your group or Organization
- Conference: Our annual conference offers a unique opportunity for training. Certificate of attendance are offered and some workshops earn social work CEU credits. Find information about past conferences, access workshop materials, handouts and brochures, check out the pictures, or order audio versions of the speakers and workshops; explore the Foster Care and Adoption Conference archives here.
- Videos: Coalition-produced videos Foster Parents Speak: Crossing Bridges and Fostering Change and Struggle for Identity: Issues in Transracial Adoption and A Conversation Ten Years Later are available for purchase.
- Events, Trainings and Support Meetings: The Coalition curates and maintains an event calendar that lists various trainings and other adoption/foster/ kinship related events across New York State.
- The Coalition’s free, “Do it Yourself” Training Curricula
Don’t see what you need? Call the Coalition at 646-688-4321 and we will design a low cost on-site workshop or training event tailored and to your individual needs. Contact the Coalition to discuss discounted training rates for Coalition member agencies and parent support groups.