All foster parents enter shared parenting relationships with birth families and agencies the moment a child comes into their home. Planning, communication, and cooperation among all parties can shape those relationships into partnerships that support children as they move through the system. In this section you will find resources to assist foster parents and professionals to build partnerships between birth families and agencies as well as resources on maintaining family connections through creative visiting plans.
- Natural Parents, Children and Foster Parents Continue Fighting Lone Battles
- Children’s Reactions to Loss
- Moving On: When Children Leave
- A Child’s Point of View on Foster Care
- Shared Parenting: Connecting the Circles for Children in Care
- Activity and Discussion Guides on Shared Parenting from YouthSuccess NYC
- What Do You Think?